By completing this application, you are agreeing to file your taxes for free through Food Bank For New York City's IRS-certified Virtual VITA free tax preparation model. Read below and verify that you meet all the requirements:
- Your income in 2022 calendar year was $60,000 or less
- Provide us with a working email and cell phone number
- You must be able to participate on a 5 minute VIDEO CHAT with one of our IRS-certified tax prepares using one of the approved methods:
4. Agreed to the completion time frame of 5-7 business days from the day we receive all your tax documents, which includes completing the below process:
- Facetime (on Apple iPhone)
- What'sApp(a free app on Apple iPhone or Android)
- Microsoft teams (downloading the app might be needed, LINK HERE)
Complete all information on the following pages of this application in full
Sign IRS consent form to receive Virtual VITA services (IRS Consent Form 14446)
A Food Bank Tax Coordinator will contact you via email within 1 business day with instructions and links for you to fill out the required intake form and how to upload your tax documents through our secure, encrypted software. (For list of tax documents you might need, see HERE)
Once you complete the intake form and upload your documents, you will be contacted by a certified tax preparer to verify your identity by video chat. Food Bank takes your privacy and financial security seriously and we must confirm that is, in fact, you who are filing your taxes
Once your identity is verified, we will prepare your return. A tax quality reviewer will contact you by phone to review your tax return with you and assist with electronic filling (the fastest way for taxes to be filed).
Finally, we will email you a secure link to sign your tax return via Electronic Signature and file electronically.
This is a completely FREE process, sponsored and certified by the IRS.
IMPORTANT: ONCE YOU START THIS APPLICATION AND INTAKE FORM AND STOP, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE WHERE YOU LEFT OFF .
IF YOU ARE GETTIN A NOTICE THAT YOU CANNOT CONTINUE CANTACT US AT 646-930-0352.